Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Clean and Simple "shadow" cards

This technique is an oldie-but-goodie if you ask me!  The simple art of taking a plain piece of paper, cutting a shape out of the CENTER of it, and then using that opening as your framework for your card...like so:

 Look how the flowers jut POP in the little window frame you made.  HINT: make sure your template leaves plenty of room around the outside of your window so you do not get ink on the card when sponging.  I used a craft sponge to add the color to both of these cards first - and then stamped the remainder of the design over the frame. 
I love the tone-on-tone look of this card.  I think it looks elegant. I suppose it might be helpful to take a picture of the actual template I made - but then I would have had to take a picture of that before I threw it out.  I'll have to work on that for you!  Give it a try and let me know how you like it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment